You’re a concrete, mathematical person. You like to crunch numbers and calculate profit margins. Your logic skills are sharp. But even in the accounting and finance industry, things can get weird.
You spent days preparing for your next job interview, researching the toughest interview questions and how to answer them. You sit down in the interviewee chair, nervous but ready to impress with your most intelligent and articulate replies. There’s no question you won’t know how to answer.
The interviewer walks in, shakes your hand, and begins with the typical interview questions – everything from “Why did you leave your last company” to “What makes you the best candidate for this position?” Easy. And then, the unexpected happens. What in the world? You’re asked an oddball question that takes you by surprise. It can make your burst into laughter or send you into sheer panic.
Have fun with oddball questions.
Take a moment to breathe, process, and use your creativity to answer these questions the best way you can. Weird questions are designed to gage how you react under pressure, test your temperament, see how your imagination works, and demonstrate your critical thinking skills. Have fun with it! We compiled a list of the strangest interview questions from applicants just like you. Take a look at the top 10 weirdest interview questions ever asked:
10. If you were featured on the front page of a newspaper, what would the headline read?
9. How much does it cost to manufacture a penny?
8. What percentage of the Earth is covered in ice?
7. What is the most efficient way to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
6. If you were an office supply, what would you be and why?
5. If you could purchase any country in the world, which would you invest in and why?
4. If you were a genie in a bottle, how would you get out?
3. How would you describe your favorite color to a blind person?
2. How many calculators could we fit in this building?
1. What is your superpower?
What oddball interview questions are your favorite and how would you reply? Let us know in the comments below. And when you’re searching for an accounting or finance career, get in touch with the recruiters at Accounting Principals. We have the expertise to help you find the perfect fit.